Today, we’re kicking off a new series where we highlight some of WhatRUWearing’s top and hardest working campus ambassadors. Selected internally from a number of applications, WhatRUWearing’s campus ambassadors serve as an extension of the internal team and help promote WhatRUWearing on their campus by telling all of their closest and most fashionable friends about the WhatRUWearing app, as well as further contributing from a marketing and public relations or editorial standpoint.
We recently caught up with one of our most fabulous ambassadors, Hanna Leadstrom, as she filled us in on how she defines her personal style, which beauty products she can’t live without, what she’s coveting this season and which celebrity she’d literally die to trade closets with. Read on to learn this and more about the budding taste maker from Winona State University!
1. Where do you go to school and what are you studying?
I go to Winona State University in Minnesota. I will get my Bachelor of Arts Degree this May in Mass Communication. My emphasis is public relations and marketing. Watch out, Olivia Pope!
2. Describe your style using 3 words
Bohemian. Simple. Adaptive.
3. Who’s your style icon?
I’ve been digging Shay Mitchell lately. Her ability to rock natural tones with a bold lip is something I strive to incorporate in my weekend looks!
4. Which trends are you coveting this season?
A good, dark lipstick is always fun to rock!
5. Give us a glimpse of what’s in your makeup bag. What are your top 3 products?
Hm, that’s tough! I spend my free time watching YouTube beauty tutorials for fun, and I live and breathe by Jaclyn Hill’s Channel. If I had to pick my top three it would be the following:
1. Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette, $45 – Force of Nature is my go-‐to everyday shade.
2. Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner, $18 – It’s an eyeliner pencil, but it’s smooth formula goes on like liquid!
3. Philosophy Purity Made Simple, $11-‐$55 – The first step to flawless makeup is a cleansed face! That’s why I love to splurge on this product.
6. Which items in your wardrobe can’t you live without?
Probably my Express low-‐rise dark wash jeans. I can wear them to class or for a night out!
7. What’s your dream piece of clothing?
I would die happy if I owned a pair of Louboutin’s one day. #Goals
8. If you could trade closets with anyone, who would it be and what’s the first thing you’d wear?
Like I said before, I look up to Shay Mitchell’s style! The first thing I would wear is this dress and fur pull over, just to feel glamorous. This is a timeless look!
9. What are you currently obsessing over?
Currently I am obsessing over blazers! I graduate this May, so I’m always on the look out for the perfect blazer to wear to an interview. Blazers are chic, yet professional. They say, “I mean business, so listen up.”
10.What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned while in college?
As much as you think you might be the only person in the world struggling with a certain issue, there is always someone out there fighting a harder battle. So be kind, be a listener and always dress up for the occasion. Because you never know what opportunities could come your way! In a world where everyone is trying to “one up” each other with stories, you should sit back and be an empathetic listener. Sincerely caring about someone and listening to him or her goes a long way in our world