Although New York Fashion Week (and London Fashion Week, for that matter) have come to a close, there is still much to discuss, like how we’re still freaking out about Tommy Hilfiger’s castaway show and collection, the intricate detailing seen at Fausto Puglisi and of course, Karl’s amazing Fendi collection. For us, one of the greatest things about Fashion Month is how it brings an array of like-minded people together, for the greater cause of fashion. You have buyers checking out collections for their stores; bloggers featuring their perspectives of new collections and brilliant talent; socialites live from the front row; and of course, the WRUW girls who are in attendance gathering the who, what, where, and when of up and coming trends!
While we’re well aware that spring is light years away for the rest of the world, here are a few trends that are fresh off of the runways and you’ll want to know about before everyone else!
1. White Out:There’s nothing sleeker than an all white ensemble to complement the melting snow and sigh of relief that is spring.
2. Layers Upon Layers: The Fashion Week runways were draped with layers upon layers of sheer fabrics, silk, satin and geometric patterns.
3. Floral Takeover: We know, we know, “florals for spring, groundbreaking”; however, the industry seems to be taking a “dark bloom” route rather than your average pretty colored bouquets – we can work with this!
4. Oh, The Fringe: Fringe has been an ongoing trend for a little while now, but it’s making moves! Be on the lookout for fringe hems.
5. Show A Little Shoulder: There’s nothing sexier than showing a little skin while still being covered up and the shoulders are a perfect candidate for this mantra.
6. Shimmer And Shine:We all know that diamonds are indeed a girl’s best friend, but an entire outfit that glitters is definitely a win in our book!
7. The Wider The Better: You’ve either thought about buying a pair or you own at least one, but it’s time to fully emerge yourself into the wide-leg pant trend.
8. Ruffle Up Some Fun: Subtle or completely covered, if you’re looking to make a statement this spring, ruffles are the way to go.