Have you ever been in the scrolling though Instagram and stumbled upon women who always look great in photos? You might even wonder how they look so perfect, or think they are just a little more photogenic than you. However, many celebrities, models and regular girls alike follow the simple formula to getting a great shot. Between starlets gracing red carpets this awards season and the abundance of photo friendly faces on Instagram, it’s easy to be inspired to up your selfie game for 2017. Whether you’re a blogger and want to curate a more polished image, young professional or college student who wants photos that better capture your full beauty and essence, here are a few posing and selfie tips!
- Good lighting: Lighting is the most important element to getting a good shot. To avoid an overexposed look, try natural sunlight.
2. Find your angles: If you think you have one good side, feel no shame and use it. If you have a side part or bangs, it is best to pose on the side with more hair.
3. Use Editing Apps: While it’s tricky to use different variations of filters and effects, some apps like VSCO provide images with a clean and balanced finish.
4. Take full length pictures from a lower angle: According to fashion blogger Chriselle Lim, a lower angle visually stretches your figure, making you look taller and leaner.
5. Position your face: Turning your head slightly is more flattering than facing the camera straight on because it will give your features more depth.
6. Cropping: If you want to be particular about details and the background, try cropping the picture.
7. Looking at a light right before a photo is taken will shrink your pupils, which helps minimize the dreaded red eye.
8. Group shot: To avoid looking disproportionately larger in a group photo, stand on an even level with everyone included.