photo courtesy of Screenrant
For those of you who are still in denial that your Hogwarts Acceptance letter is “just an Owl away”, hold onto your broomsticks because you’re in the for the most magical adventure of your life, courtesy of Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia (basically the American version of Hogwarts).
Maybe the first of it’s kind to be held in the muggle world, the Harry Potter Festival and Quidditch tournament will transform the school that needs no introduction the from October 21st-22nd. While it’s not quite the Hogwarts Express, the SEPA transportation will escort you to plenty of Hogwarts activities including Defense of the Dark Arts classes, a Triwizard Maze, Live Owls, and even a Sorting Hat Ceremony.
With school back in session and everyone getting “sorted” to their dormitories, we were inspired to create a Hogwarts House themed Back to School Style Series for this month of September. Each week we will represent one of the Hogwarts Houses for some serious style and dorm room needs (we seriously hope to see #harrypotterdorms trending just as hard as the lavish dorms at Ole Miss). Today we are proud to be representing the beloved and brave Gryffindor House.
Here are seven things you may want to snag if you identify as the Ron’s, Harry’s, and Hermione’s of the Wizarding World. And even if you don’t, we bet you meet a friend at your college or university who just might!
1. Gryffindor Sweatshirt – $21.95 With the start of the school year and fall around the corner, you’ll want to layer up, with House representation of course.
2. Plaid Bodycon Grey Skirt – $14.67 There’s nothing that says back to school fall fashion quite like a plaid Cotton or Wool skirt.
3. Morphing-Mugs – $24.99 Magic mugs that actually show the Maurders Map when you whisper “I solemnly swear I am up to no good” (okay it doesn’t, but the real reason is just as cool) has us saying take our money
4. Primark Harry Potter Patronum PJ Set -€14.00 Get cozy and dream of fighting off those dementors in this cute PJ set.
5. Harry Potter Gryffindor Messenger Bag – £30.99 Gryffindors are known for their affinity to sports and definitely are not shy when it comes to representing their team. Whether you’re on a swim scholarship, work out regularly, or playing a Quidditch tournament, you’ll want to do it in style.
6. Jennibick Classic Moleskine Notebook – $13.95 With a classic and customizable look, meant for placing your House Logo, you’ll have the best notes in class.
7. Polyjuice Potion Flask – $19.95 Hey, you have a full semester ahead of you and sometimes you’re just up to “no good.”