The weather in Chicago has been quite dreary as of late, but that doesn’t mean that your style has to be! Although rainy weather tends to provide an excuse for throwing on your comfiest outfit and putting an athleisure twist on it, rainy days can also serve as a great excuse to try out more eccentric styles that one might normally shy away from. A formula of sorts comes to our minds when we think of perfecting our indoor and outdoor style on these rainy days.
After all, a true stylista knows that their wardrobe, during the less sunnier seasons, would never stop them from slaying and receiving compliments year round. When thinking about outdoor style, we swear by the lucite trend. Just because summer’s over doesn’t mean the trend has to end. Take it into fall with see through rain coats, available in an array of colors. Just don’t forget to grab your cheeky umbrella and a great serum that will keep your hair in check.
For indoor style, we’re dreaming of cozy knee-highs, soft cashmere sweaters that feel like pajamas, movie night, and the best candles to keep us cozy on a rainy day. A rainy day might not necessarily be something to look forward to, but we think you’d agree that these are all the elements you’d want to survive those unavoidable damp, dreary and drizzly days. Now try saying that five times fast!
- Kate Spade Umbrella – Most umbrellas, while incredibly cute, just don’t keep the rain off of our outfits. And there’s really nothing worse than when you’re aiming to get a fit off but arrive to your destination with splotches of water on you. Thankfully, this cheeky umbrella from Kate Spade’s fall collection will keep you covered and dry. A must have, for sure.
- Living Proof Style Lab Serum – There’s nothing worse than when you wake up early to do your hair, only for the rain to kill your dreams of a perfect hair day. We know the story all too well. Whether you opt for an updo a la messy bun or brave the weather with a sleek hairdo, your flyaways are guaranteed to stay smooth with this miracle serum.
- Hunter Wedge Boots – Sometimes it’s a struggle during these rainy days to be practical and trendy. We found the answer with our favorite old school Hunter rain boots. The fact that they are wedges as well make it a WhatRUWearing Must. Not only that but you can shop them in red, blue or black!
- Anastasia Boutique & Atelier Clear Rain Coat – We are in love with this raincoat and the local Wicker Park boutique we found it in. One of the reasons we’re so infatuated? This and every piece of clothing at the boutique is customizable to your fit, size, and color scheme desires. That’s some serious bang for your buck. If you’re as crazy about the raincoat as we are, great! You’ll have the opportunity to snag one for yourself, courtesy of Anastasia. Follow our Instagram for official deets!
- Wildfox Nordstrom Sweater – A cozy Sweater is the ultimate must have for those Netflix and chill nights during the increasingly colder months.
- Popcorn Maker – We’re pretty serious about our movie nights. Hence why buttery popcorn and your favorite candy makes for the perfect snack during fall movie or tv nights.
- Diptyque Wood Fire Candle – One of our favorite shops in the Wicker Park area (also available online and other states) is Diptyque. We discovered it due to their amazingly subtle and beautiful scented notes of perfume, however their candles are a staple for those rainy nights inside. Light this one and you can almost imagine the fireplace right in front of you.
- Urban outfitter Knee High Socks – Truthfully, any of Urban outfitters socks would make it to our must list, but knee highs get bonus points for rainy day indoor/outdoor versatility. Pair with your Hunter boots, and then kick off for maximum chill mode at home. Ahhhhh.